Makes about 7 cups
- 1 celery stalk
- ½ red bell pepper
- ½ red onion
- 2 ears fresh corn, husks and silks removed
- 8 ounces green beans, cut into ½-inch pieces on the diagonal
- 1 cup frozen lima beans or edamame
- 1 can (15.5 ounces) garbanzo beans
- 1 can (15.5 ounces) kidney beans
- ½-inch piece ginger, peeled
- 1½ tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoons honey
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
Nutritional information per serving (½ cup): Calories 235 (25% from fat) • carb. 36g • pro. 10g • fat 7g • sat. fat 1g • Col. 0mg • sod. 272mg • calc. 71mg • fiber 12g
Vegetarian • Gluten Free
- Insert the Dicing Disc Set. Secure the Food Processor Lid.
- Dice the celery stalk, ½ red pepper and ½ red onion on Speed 12.
- Remove and reserve in a large mixing bowl. Wipe out the work bowl and add 3 cups water.
- Place 2 ears of corn, husked, into the Steam Basket and place into the work bowl. Secure the Cooking Lid with the Steam Cap in place.
- The cooking time is set for 7 minutes at 285°F with no speed.
- When time expires, remove the lid and add 8 ounces green beans, cut into ½-inch pieces, to the Steam Basket. Secure Cooking Lid with Steam Cap in place.
- The cooking time is set for an additional 18 minutes at 285°F.
- Add a cup of frozen lima beans and cover to defrost for about 2 minutes. Add both steamed beans to the reserved vegetables.
- Place the corn on a cutting board and cut the kernels off the corn cob and add to the vegetables.
- Add the drained cans of garbanzo beans and kidney beans to the vegetables.
- Wipe out the work bowl and insert the Metal Chopping Blade and add ½-inch piece of ginger. Secure the Food Processor Lid.
- The processor is set to chop for 8 seconds on Speed 12.
- Scrape the work bowl and add 1½ tablespoons sherry vinegar, 1 tablespoon each fresh lime juice, soy sauce and honey. Secure the Food Processor Lid.
- The processor is set to blend for 1 minute on Speed 6. With the machine running, add ⅓ cup of vegetable oil through the feed tube to create an emulsion.
- Add the dressing to the vegetables with ½ cup dried cranberries. Toss all ingredients together.
- Taste and adjust seasoning according to preference.