- 8 cups tortilla chips (enough to cover the bottom of the baking pan), divided
- 2½ cups shredded Cheddar and/or Monterey Jack, divided
- ¾ cup refried beans (about ½ of a 15.5-ounce can)
- 2 small to medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 jalapeño, halved, seeded and thinly sliced
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 can (4.5 ounces) chopped green chiles
- 1 cup sliced black olives salsa, guacamole and sour cream for serving lime wedges, for serving
Nutritional information per serving:
Calories 246 (54% from fat) • carb. 18g • pro. 10g • fat 15g • sat. fat 7g
• chol. 30g • sod. 431mg • calc. 253mg • fiber 2g
- Line the baking pan with aluminum foil. Evenly distribute half of the chips in the prepared pan. Cover with about ½ cup of the cheese, then the remaining chips. Top with the remaining ingredients, as evenly as possible, finishing with the remaining cheese.
- Adjust the rack to position 2. Preheat the oven by selecting Dual Cook, first set to Bake at 350°F for 5 minutes, then set to Broil at 500°F for 5 minutes.
- When the oven beeps to signal that it is preheated, put the nachos in. Keep an eye on the nachos while they are cooking – some cheeses melt and brown more quickly than others.
- Serve immediately with salsa, sour cream, guacamole and lime wedges.