- * 1 cups of brown lentils - soaked over night
- 1 cup of mint leaves
- 2 onions (one white one purple)
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons of organic ground turmeric
- 1 carrot (to finely shred
- 1green bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 orange bell pepper
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 teaspoon of organic shredded coconut
- 2 teaspoons of Hungarian paprika
- * 2 tablespoon flax seeds - ground and mixed afterwards with 6 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon seasalt
- 8 cups of olive oil for frying
No nutrition information available
- Put all the raw soaked lentils into your food processor and blend them thoroughly. Then transfer the processed lentils into another bowl.
- Chop onions, garlic cloves, and peppers, shred the carrot . Add the chopped vegetables and shredded carrots, shredded coconut and mint leaves into the food processor and process almost until homogeneous
- Then add to this mixture in the food processor - the lentils, turmeric, paprika, salt, (2 tablespoon flax seeds (ground) mixed with 6 tablespoon water) and salt.
- Blend everything together
- Start forming walnut-sized balls from the mixture.
- Then fry in a pan at medium high heat, without a lot of fat - the pan should just slightly be covered with oil. I used olive oil. Put the balls carefully into the pan and slightly press them - now they're not balls, but patties (they cook faster). After 2-3 minutes, turn the patties carefully around.
- Fry another 2-3 minutes and take out on a plate. Repeat around 24 more times and you're ready.