Makes twelve 1-cup servings
- 1½ teaspoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- ½ large onion (or 1 small), chopped
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 8 large eggs
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 loaf (1 pound) challah bread, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 4 ounces baby spinach
- 6 ounces Gruyère, shredded
Nutritional information per serving:
Calories 307 (21% from fat) • carb. 21g • pro. 13g
• fat 19g • sat. fat 9g • chol. 205mg • sod. 497mg
• calc. 243mg • fiber 1g
1.Put the oil into the cooking pot of the Multicooker, set to Brown/Sauté at 350°F. Once preheated, add the garlic, onion and a pinch of the salt. Sauté until golden and fragrant, about 3 to 5 minutes. Meanwhile, in a large bowl combine the eggs, cream, milk, pepper, remaining salt, nutmeg and ground mustard. Whisk well to combine. Add the bread cubes, spinach and cheese. Mix well to fully coat.
2.Add the soaked bread cubes to the pot and stir once more to incorporate the onion and garlic. Cover and switch from Brown/Sauté to Slow Cook set on Low for 3½ hours.
3.Once time has expired, the unit will automatically switch to Keep Warm. This is best served immediately.