Makes one 12-inch pizza
- 8 ounces mozzarella, well chilled
- 1 pound mushrooms (combination of white and cremini), trimmed
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- ½ recipe *Pizza Dough*
- 1 cup ricotta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Nutritional information per serving: Calories 274 (41% from fat) • carb. 27g • pro. 15g • fat 13g • sat. fat 7g • Col. 31mg • sod. 608mg • calc. 186mg • fiber 1g
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Insert the Shredding Disc Assembly adjusted to coarse shred. Secure the Food Processor Lid.
- Shred 8 ounces, well-chilled mozzarella on Speed 12.
- Remove and reserve. Insert the Slicing Disc, adjusted to 2mm. Secure the Food Processor Lid.
- Slice pound of mushrooms on Speed 12.
- Replace the Slicing Disc Assembly with the Stirring Paddle and add 1 tablespoon butter and ½ teaspoon salt. Secure the Cooking Lid.
- The cooking time is set for 20 minutes at 250°F on Speed 3. Add 1 teaspoon fresh thyme with about 5 minutes left of cooking time. While mushrooms are cooking, roll pizza dough out to 12-inch round.
- Place on a perforated pizza pan or a greased pizza screen or baking sheet (if using a baking stone, prepare on a pizza peel or baking sheet without sides that has been well sprinkled with cornmeal).
- Spread the cup of ricotta evenly around the center of the *Pizza Dough*.
- Sprinkle evenly with the cooked mushrooms and then top with the shredded mozzarella.
- Brush the outer edge with tablespoon of olive oil.
- Bake in preheated oven until crust is golden and crispy and cheese is melted, about 10 to 15 minutes. Rotate pizza halfway through cook time for even baking.