Makes one 12-inch pizza
- ½ recipe *Pizza Dough*
- 8 ounces mozzarella, well chilled
- 2 ounces Parmesan
- 1 medium garlic clove
- 1½ cups ricotta
- Pinch kosher or sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Yellow cornmeal for dusting
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 8 fresh basil leaves, washed and dried
Nutritional information per serving: Calories 310 (46% from fat) • carb. 26g • pro. 17g • fat 16g • sat. fat 9g • Col. 44mg • sod. 551mg • calc. 349mg • fiber 1g
- Prepare the *pizza dough* and allow to rise. Position an oven rack about 8 inches from the top. If using a baking stone, place it directly on the rack.
- Preheat the oven to 450°F for at least 30 minutes.
- Insert the Shredding Disc Assembly adjusted to coarse shred. Secure the Food Processor Lid.
- Shred 8 ounces, well-chilled mozzarella on Speed 12.
- Reverse shredding disc to the fine shred.
- Shred 2 ounces Parmesan on Speed 12.
- Remove cheese and reserve. Insert the Metal Chopping Blade. Add the garlic clove to the work bowl.
- The processor is set to chop for 8 seconds on Speed 12.
- Add 1½ cups ricotta with pinch of salt, and ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper to the work bowl.
- Pulse to incorporate ingredients.
- Once the pizza dough has risen, punch down and let rest for 10 minutes. On a lightly floured work surface, roll the dough out to a 12-inch round.
- Place on a perforated pizza pan or a greased pizza screen or baking sheet.
- If using a baking stone, prepare on a pizza peel or baking sheet without sides that has been well sprinkled with cornmeal.
- Brush pizza with tablespoon of olive oil. Dollop the ricotta mixture evenly in the center of the dough, leaving a 1-inch border on the edge. Sprinkle evenly with reserved cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven until crust is golden and crispy and cheese is melted, about 10 to 15 minutes. Rotate halfway through cook time for even baking.
- Remove from the oven and tear 8 basil leaves to sprinkle evenly on the pizza.