Makes about 4 cups
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1 small jalapeño pepper, seeded, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 green onions, trimmed, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 yellow bell pepper, about 10 ounces, cut into 1-inch pieces
- ½ English cucumber, about 10 ounces, peeled, cut in half lengthwise, cut into 1-inch pieces
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, leaves only
- 1 pound plum tomatoes, cored and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1¼ cups low-sodium tomato or vegetable juice
- ¼ teaspoon hot sauce
Nutritional information per serving (1 cup): Calories 49 (4% from fat) • carb. 16g • pro. 3g • fat 0g • sat. fat 0g • Col. 0mg • sod. 281mg • calc. 154mg • fiber 3g
Vegetarian • Gluten Free
- Insert the Metal Chopping Blade. Add the garlic and seeded jalapeño, cut into 1-inch pieces. The processor is set for 10 seconds on Speed 12.
- Scrape bowl. Add the 2 green onions, yellow pepper and cucumber, each cut into 1-inch pieces, and ¼ cup of parsley to the bowl. Pulse to roughly chop, about 8 to 10 pulses.
- Add the pound of tomatoes, cut into 1-inch pieces, 2 teaspoons lime juice, ¾ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon black pepper. Pulse about 10 times, so that vegetables are evenly chopped.
- Add the 1¼ cups of vegetable juice with ¼ teaspoon hot sauce. Pulse until all ingredients are well mixed.
- Taste and adjust seasoning, according to preference.