Makes about 4 cups
- 1 small onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 small jalapeño, seeded
- ½-inch piece ginger, peeled
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon ghee or butter
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1½ to 2 pounds butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cut into 1-inch pieces, about 4 cups
- 1 can (13.5 ounces) coconut milk
Nutritional information per serving (1 cup): Calories 293 (68% from fat) • carb. 20g • pro. 3g • fat 22g • sat. fat 17g • Col. 8mg • sod. 105mg • calc. 114mg • fiber 4g
Vegetarian • Gluten Free
- Insert Metal Chopping Blade. Add onion and seeded jalapeño, each cut into 1-inch pieces, ½-inch peeled ginger and garlic clove to the work bowl.
- Secure the Cooking Lid. The processor is set to chop for 8 seconds on Speed 12.
- Scrape down the sides of the work bowl and add the tablespoon of ghee or butter with tablespoon curry powder and ¼ teaspoon salt.
- Secure the Cooking Lid with Steam Cap removed. The cooking time is set to 8 minutes on 275°F on Speed 2.
- Add 4 cups butternut squash, cut into 1-inch pieces and can of coconut milk. Secure the Cooking Lid with Steam Cap in place.
- The cooking time is set for 30 minutes at 205°F on Speed 1.
- Vegetables should be soft. The processor is set to purée for 45 seconds on Speed 12 until smooth.
- Taste and adjust seasoning, according to preference.