Makes about 10 to 11 cups
- 1 small zucchini or yellow squash
- 1 cup green beans
- 1 medium carrot
- 1 medium celery stalk
- 1 medium onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 can (15.5 ounces) kidney beans, drained
- 1 cup dried pasta (ditalini, elbow macaroni, tubetti or small shell pasta)
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 cups vegetable or chicken broth, low sodium
- 1 can (14 ounces) diced tomatoes
- 1 can (14 ounces) crushed tomatoes with juice
- 1 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
Chopped fresh parsley
Freshly grated, shaved or shredded Parmesan
Nutritional information per serving (1 cup): Calories 110 (15% from fat) • carb. 19g • pro. 5g • fat 2g • sat. fat 0g • Col. 0mg • sod. 565mg • calc. 50mg • fiber 4g
- Insert the Slicing Disc adjusted to 7mm. Slice green beans through the smallest feed tube on Speed 12.
- Remove and reserve. Insert the Dicing Assembly. Secure the Food Processor Lid. Dice the small zucchini or yellow squash on Speed 12.
- Remove and reserve. Dice the carrot and celery through the smallest feed tube on Speed 12.
- Remove and reserve. Insert Metal Chopping Blade. Add the onion, cut into 1-inch pieces and 3 garlic cloves into the work bowl.
- Secure the Cooking Lid. The processor is set to chop for 8 seconds on Speed 12.
- Replace the Metal Chopping Blade with the Stirring Paddle and scrape down the sides of the bowl. Add the tablespoon of olive oil with the reserved carrot and celery with a teaspoon of oregano.
- Secure the Cooking Lid. The cooking time is set for 8 minutes at 285°F on Speed 2.
- Add the reserved green beans, drained can of kidney beans, 1 cup of pasta, bay leaf, 4 cups of broth, and both cans (14 ounces each) of tomatoes with a teaspoon of salt.
- Secure the Cooking Lid with the Steam Cap in place. The cooking time is set for 15 minutes at 285°F on Speed 2.
- The cooking time is set for 15 minutes at 205°F on Speed 2.
- Add the reserved zucchini/squash. The cooking time is set for an additional 18 minutes at 205°F on Speed 2
- The vegetables and pasta should be cooked. Add additional time if necessary.