Makes 5 to 6 servings
- ½ cup unbleached, all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs, beaten well
- ½ cup finely ground cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 6 kosher dill pickles (about 10 ounces), cut into ¼-inch discs
- Olive oil, for spraying
Nutritional information per serving (based on 6 servings): Calories 109 (22% from fat) • carb. 17g • pro. 4g • fat 3g • sat. fat 1g • chol. 72mg sod. 955mg • calc. 7mg • fiber 2g
- Put the flour into a gallon-size bag that seals. Put the beaten eggs into a container large enough to dip the pickles. Put the cornmeal, salt and cayenne pepper into another gallon-size bag that seals, separate from the flour. Reserve.
- Place the AirFryer Basket onto the Baking Pan. Spray the basket with the nonstick cooking spray. Reserve.
- Blot the cut pickles on a paper towel. Put the pickles into the bag with the flour. Seal and shake to evenly coat each pickle slice. Remove coated pickles from the bag, shaking off the excess flour. Dip each pickle slice into the beaten eggs to evenly coat. Transfer to the bag with the cornmeal mixture. Seal bag and shake to evenly coat each pickle slice. Remove from the bag, shake off the excess and transfer to the assembled basket in a single layer. Spray both sides of each pickle slice with oil.
- Put the assembled pan into Rack Position 2.
Set to AirFry at 400°F for 8 minutes. Cook until browned and crispy. Let cool slightly.