Makes about 4 cups
- ½ small onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- ½ pound red potatoes, peeled and cut into ½-inch pieces
- 1 pound broccoli, head cut into florets, stems peeled and sliced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- pinch freshly ground black pepper
- 2½ cups chicken broth, low sodium, divided
Nutritional information per serving (1 cup): Calories 107 (13% from fat) • carb. 21g • pro. 5g • fat 2g • sat. fat 0g • Col. 0mg • sod. 341mg • calc. 64mg • fiber 4g
Vegetarian • Gluten Free
- Insert the Metal Chopping Blade. Add the onion, cut into 1-inch pieces, and garlic clove to the work bowl. Secure the Cooking Lid.
- The processor is set to chop for 8 seconds on Speed 12.
- Scrape the sides of the bowl and add a teaspoon of olive oil. The cooking time is set for 6 minutes at 285°F on Speed 2.
- Add 1½ cups chicken broth, ½ pound potatoes, cut into 1-inch pieces, pound of broccoli, cut into florets with stems peeled and sliced, 1 teaspoon salt and a pinch black pepper.
- Secure Cooking Lid. The cooking time is set to 20 minutes, at 285°F with no speed.
- The cooking time is now set for 15 minutes at 205°F with no speed.
- Vegetables should be soft. The processor is set to purée on Speed 12 for 1 minute. Pause and scrape the bowl halfway through processing.
- With the processor running on Speed 7, add remaining cup of chicken broth until desired consistency is reached.
- Taste and adjust seasoning, according to preference.