Makes about 6 servings
- 1 fennel bulb, cut to fit the large feed tube
- 1 shallot, cut in half
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 1 can (28 ounces) plum tomatoes
- 1 cup clam juice
- 2 cups seafood stock
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 bay leaf
- 1½ teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 6 littleneck clams, scrubbed
- 1 pound mussels, scrubbed
- ½ pound red snapper or firm, white flesh fish, cut into 1-inch pieces
- ½ pound shrimp, shells removed
- Chopped fresh parsley
- Crushed red pepper
Nutritional information per serving: Calories 265 (25% from fat) • carb. 15g • pro. 35g • fat 7g • sat. fat 1g • Col. 112mg • sod. 1140mg • calc. 89mg • fiber 3g
- Insert the Slicing Disc Assembly adjusted to 4mm. Secure the Food Processor Lid. Slice the fennel on Speed 12.
- Remove and reserve. Insert Metal Chopping Blade. Add shallot, cut in half, and the 2 garlic cloves. Secure the Cooking Lid.
- The processor is set to chop for 8 seconds on Speed 12.
- Replace Metal Chopping Blade with Stirring Paddle and scrape the sides of the bowl. Add 2 tablespoons olive oil.
- Secure the Cooking Lid with the Steam Cap removed. The cooking time is set for 8 minutes on 270°F on Speed 2.
- Add 2 tablespoons dry white wine. The cooking time is set for an additional 5 minutes at 285°F on Speed 2 to reduce the wine.
- Remove the Stirring Paddle. Add can plum tomatoes, broken up well with spatula, 1 cup clam juice, 2 cups seafood stock, 2 tablespoons tomato paste, bay leaf and ½ teaspoon salt.
- The cooking time is set for 15 minutes at 285°F with no speed.
- Add 6 clams and 1 pound of mussels. Secure the Cooking Lid. An additional 10 minutes of cooking time is set at 212°F.
- While shellfish are cooking, lightly season ½ pound each white fish and shrimp with ½ teaspoon of salt.
- The shells should begin to open. Add prepared fish and shrimp. Secure Cooking Lid. An additional 5 minutes of cooking time is set at 205°F.
- Taste and adjust seasoning according to preference.