- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 can (8 oz.) crushed pineapple in own juice, undrained
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- Heat oven to 350°F. Line the bottoms of two 9-inch baking pans with parchment paper.
- Add flour, carrots, pecans, pineapple, sugar, vegetable oil, brown sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, salt and eggs to a large mixer bowl; beat on low 2 minutes until blended. Increase speed to medium; beat 4 minutes.
- Pour mixture evenly between prepared pans.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans 10 minutes on wire racks.
- Remove from pans; cool completely on wire racks.
- Place one cake layer on cake plate; spread top of layer with 1/2 cup Cream Cheese Frosting. Top with remaining layer; frost side of top of cake. Garnish with finely chopped peacans, if desired. Refrigerate until ready to serve.