Makes 6 to 8 servings
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, cold
- 1 cup butter crackers such as Ritz®, crushed (about 24 crackers)
- 3 cups dried macaroni
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cups milk (whole or reduced fat)
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack
- 1 8-ounce package cream cheese, cold, cut into 8 pieces
- pinch freshly ground black pepper
Nutritional information per serving (based on 8 servings):
Calories 571 (54% from fat) • carb. 44g • pro. 23g • fat 34g • sat. fat 19g chol. 101mg • sod. 688mg • calc. 507mg • fiber 2g
1. Put the butter in a small microwaveable measuring cup or bowl. Place in the Cuisinart® 3-in-1 Microwave AirFryer Oven and select theMelt/Soften microwave preset A-3 to melt the butter. Press Start. Carefully remove from the oven. Mix the melted butter and crushed crackers together in a small bowl. Reserve.
2. Put the pasta, water and salt into a large (2-quart), microwave- and oven-safe casserole dish, cover, and place in the Cuisinart® 3-in-1Microwave AirFryer Oven. Select Microwave, set the time and power level for 8 minutes on High (10P), and press Start. Pasta should be slightly undercooked.
3. Stir in the remaining ingredients, except for the crumb topping; cover and return to the oven. Select Microwave and set the time and power level for 4 minutes on High (PL10). Repeat with an additional 4 minutes on High (PL10). Carefully remove and stir well.
4. Evenly sprinkle the reserved crumb topping over the top. Place in the Cuisinart® 3-in-1 Microwave AirFryer Oven. Select Oven/AirFry, set the temperature and time to 325°F for 10 minutes, and press Start. Macaroni and cheese is done when bubbly and topping is golden brown.
5. Carefully remove and let rest for 10 minutes. Serve warm.