Makes 4 servings
- 4 firm apples, a sweet-tart variety works well, such as Pink Lady
- ¼ cup rolled oats (not quick cooking)
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon unbleached, all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 2 pinches ground cinnamon pinch kosher salt pinch ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, cubed
Nutritional information per apple: Calories 243 (31% from fat) • carb. 42g • pro. 3g • fat 9g • sat. fat 4g • chol. 15mg sod. 38mg • calc. 21mg • fiber 7g
- Line the Baking Pan with aluminum foil or parchment paper; reserve. Core the apples, but do not cut through the bottom; reserve.
- Put the oats, pecans, flour, sugar, cinnamon, salt and nutmeg into a small mixing bowl. Stir to combine. Add the butter and, using your hands, mix together by pinching the mixture to form clumps. Make sure the ingredients are evenly combined.
- Divide the oat mixture among the apples. Press in to fill. Transfer to the prepared Baking Pan and put into the oven in Rack Position 1.
- Set to Bake at 350°F for 35 minutes. Cook until apples are tender and tops are crispy and browned.