Makes 2 to 4 servings
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 inch piece of ginger, peeled
- 1 green onion
- 1 chili pepper, like serrano or Fresno
- ¼ cup plus 2 teaspoons mirin, divided
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1 baby bok choy, quartered and cleaned
- 1 pound sea bass, cut into 2 or 4 individual fillets
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1 cup jasmine rice
- 1½ cups water
- Cilantro for garnish
- Sliced radish for garnish
Nutritional information per serving (based on 2 servings): Calories 395 (44% from fat) • carb. 23g • pro. 33g • fat 19g • sat. fat 3g • Col. 70mg • sod. 559mg • calc. 60mg • fiber 1g
- Insert the Metal Chopping Blade. Add the garlic clove and 1-inch piece of peeled ginger to the work bowl. Secure the Food Processor Lid.
- The processor is set to chop for 15 seconds on Speed 12.
- Replace the Metal Chopping Blade with the Slicing Disc adjusted to 2mm. Secure the Food Processor Lid.
- Using the smallest feed tube, slice the green onion and serrano pepper together on Speed 12.
- Remove and reserve in a small stainless bowl with ¼ cup of mirin. Stir together.
- Put ¼ cup vegetable oil into the work bowl. Secure the Cooking Lid. The cooking time is set for 15 minutes at 285°F with no speed.
- When time expires, add the reserved ingredients to the hot oil. The cooking time is set for an additional 3 minutes.
- Remove and reserve sauce.
- While sauce is cooking, place 2 sea bass fillets and then 1 quartered baby bok choy together in the Steam Basket. Season the sea bass fillets with a pinch of sea salt and drizzle each with a teaspoon of mirin.
- Put 1 cup of jasmine rice and 1½ cups of water into the work bowl with the filled Steam Basket. Secure the Cooking Lid with the Steam Cap in place.
- The cooking time is set for 8 minutes at 285°F with no speed.
- The cooking time is set for 20 minutes at 210°F.
- When time expires, let the rice and fish rest without removing the lid for 10 minutes.
- Once rested, remove the Steam Basket. Serve the fish and bok choy on top of a bed of rice. Drizzle with the reserved sauce. Garnish with cilantro and sliced radishes if desired.