Makes about 2 cups
- 1 ounce peeled fresh ginger (about 2-inch piece), cut into ½-inch pieces
- 2 garlic cloves
- ²∕³ cup soy sauce (may use low-sodium or tamari)
- ½ cup canola or other vegetable oil
- ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons Asian sesame oil (toasted sesame oil)
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
1. Insert Metal Chopping Blade. Add a 2-inch piece of peeled, fresh ginger, cut into ½ inch pieces and 2 garlic cloves to the work bowl.
2. Secure the Cooking Lid. The processor is set to chop for 8 seconds on speed 12.
3. Scrape the sides of the work bowl and add ⅔ cup soy sauce, ½ cup canola oil, ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons each hoisin sauce and toasted sesame oil, 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar and ¼ teaspoon cayenne.
4. The processor is set to blend for 15 seconds on Speed 6.
5. Transfer to a container, cover and refrigerate if not using immediately.
6. Marinate meat or seafood for approximately 2 hours before grilling or roasting.
Nutritional information per serving (1 tablespoon): Calories 51 (76% from fat) • carb. 2g • pro. 1g • fat 4g • sat. fat 0g • Col. 0mg • sod. 342mg • calc. 15mg • fiber 0g
Vegetarian • Gluten Free