Makes about 6 servings
- 1 medium onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeds removed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chili powder (preferably ancho, but any chili powder will work)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- ⅛ teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes, drained, juices discarded
- 3½ cups chicken broth, low sodium
- 2 cups roasted and shredded chicken (about 1 pound of chicken – approximately 1 breast and 1 leg) or *Latin Shredded Chicken*
- Fresh cilantro sprigs
- Diced avocado
- Tortilla strips or chips
Nutritional information per serving: Calories 130 (38% from fat) • carb. 23g • pro. 9g • fat 9g • sat. fat 2g • Col. 0mg • sod. 268mg • calc. 19mg • fiber 1g
- Insert the Metal Chopping Blade. Add 1 onion and 1 jalapeño, each cut into 1-inch pieces, and 2 garlic cloves to the work bowl.
- Secure the Cooking Lid. The processor is set for 8 seconds on Speed 12.
- Replace the Metal Chopping Blade with the Stirring Paddle and scrape down the sides of the bowl. Add a teaspoon olive oil.
- Secure the Cooking Lid with the Steam Cap removed. The cooking time is set for 8 minutes at 270°F on Speed 2.
- Add teaspoon each chili powder and salt, ¼ teaspoon cumin and ⅛ teaspoon ground coriander.
- The cooking time is set for an additional 2 minutes so that spices become fragrant.
- Add can of drained, diced tomatoes and 3½ cups of chicken broth. Secure Cooking Lid with the Steam Cap in place.
- The cooking time is set for 8 minutes at 285°F on Speed 2.
- The cooking time is set for 20 minutes at 205°F on Speed 2.
- Add the 2 cups of cooked, shredded chicken. The cooking time is set for 5 minutes, so that the chicken will be completely warmed through.
- Serve immediately with the cilantro, avocado, tortilla strips and a squeeze of lime.