- 1 container (8 ounces) marscarpone cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup chilled heavy cream
- ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons confectioners sugar
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon dark rum, divided
- 1½ cups brewed espresso, cooled
- 28 Savoiardi (crisp Italian ladyfingers)
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder, for garnish
No nutrition information available
- Beat the marscarpone in a medium bowl using a Cuisinart® hand mixer until lightened and slightly whipped. In another bowl, whip the heavy cream to soft peaks, adding the confectioners’ sugar a little at a time while whipping. Add 1 teaspoon of the rum and whip briefly to incorporate. Gently fold the whipped cream into the marscarpone, 1⁄3 at a time, until completely incorporated.
2. In a shallow bowl, mix the espresso with the remaining 2 tablespoons of rum. Working with one ladyfinger at a time, dip the cookie into the espresso, soaking each side for a few seconds, and transfer to 9-inch square baking pan or dish. Repeat with 13 more of the ladyfingers, arranging in the bottom of the dish to cover the entire surface. It should be a tight fit.
3. Evenly spread half of the marscarpone cream over the ladyfingers, covering the entire surface. Dip the remaining ladyfingers and arrange over the cream. Spread an even layer of the remaining marscarpone mixture on top. Cover with plastic wrap and chill for at least 6 hours.
4. Before serving, pour the cocoa powder into a small strainer and dust over the top of the tiramisù.