- 3-4 pound corned-beef brisket
- 4 sprigs thyme
- 4 stalks parsley stems
- 3 each allspice or juniper berries, whole
- 6 each black peppercorn
- 2 clove garlic
- 6 large carrots, cut into thick rounds or chunks
- 3 small white onions, cut into wedges
- 2 large Yukon Gold potatoes cut into thick rounds
- 1 Savoy cabbage, discard outer leaves and cut into sixths
- 1 teaspoon strong Irish Mustard or spicy brown mustard (optional)
No nutrition information available
Preheat pellet grill 550°F.
In an oven-safe rimmed pan, wide pot, or Dutch oven; place brisket, spices and cover with cold water.
Bring to a boil.
Lower pellet grill to 350°F and simmer for two hours.
Add carrots, onions, and cabbage to pellet grill and smoke for 10-15 minutes
Add smoky vegetables to pot and simmer for an additional 2 hours, until meat and vegetables are tender.
After one hour add mustard to pot.
Slice brisket thinly, across the grain, and served on top of vegetables and drizzled with cooking liquid
Have more mustard on the side for your guests and sop up with Irish soda bread!