4 Servings/2 Quesadillas
- ½ small zucchini, cut into ½-inch pieces
- ½ bell pepper (red, yellow or orange is preferable), cut into ½-inch pieces
- ½ jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- ½ small onion (approximately 2 ounces), sliced
- 1 garlic clove, smashed
- 1 teaspoon olive oil, plus
- ½ tablespoon for brushing
- ¼ teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup corn kernels, fresh or frozen
- ¼ cup black beans, drained
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1 ounce Monterey Jack, shredded
- 1 ounce goat cheese
- 2 10-inch flour tortillas
Calories 205 (36% from fat) • carb. 26g • pro. 8g • fat 8g sat. fat 3g • chol. 12mg • sod. 480mg • calc. 129mg • fiber 3g
Preheat the toaster oven to 450°F on the Bake setting with the rack in position B. Line baking pan with aluminum foil.
Toss the zucchini, peppers, onion and garlic with 1 teaspoon of the olive oil, salt and pepper in a medium mixing bowl. Put vegetables on the prepared baking pan. Bake in preheated oven until vegetables are softened and browned, about 15 to 20 minutes. Return vegetables to mixing bowl and toss with the corn, beans and cilantro. Reduce temperature to 400°F.
Assemble quesadillas. Line up the tortillas on a work surface. Place even amounts of the vegetable mixture on half of each tortilla, then place even amounts of cheese on each. Fold each in half, making a half-moon shape.
Place the quesadillas on baking pan and brush the tops lightly with remaining oil. Bake quesadillas at 400°F for about 8 to 10 minutes, until tops are golden and cheese is melted.
Cut quesadillas in half and serve with salsa, guacamole and/or sour cream.