No servings information available
- 8 lbs pork butt / Boston Butt with the skin removed.
- Extra virgin olive oil
- No pulp orange juice
- Aluminum foil
- Rub -
- 2 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons of pepper
- 2 tablespoons of koser salt
- 2 tablespoons of granulated garlic
- 2 tablespoons of onion powder
- 2 tablespoons of paparika
- 2 tablespoons of chili powder
- 1 tablespoons cumin (Optional)
No nutrition information available
- 10 hour cook time for a 10lbs pork butt (includes the rest time).
- Trim any loose pieces of fat or meat hanging off the sides of the pork butt.
- Make the rub by mixing all of the dry ingredients together. Mix thoroughly until the rub is evenly mixed.
- Apply a thin layer of olive oil over the entire pork butt. Then apply the rub evenly across all surfaces of the pork butt. Let the pork butt rest for an hour.
- Fill the hopper up with Cuisinart’s maple bourbon pellets and pre-heat the pellet grill to 250F.
- Place the pork butt in the center of the grill with the fat cap up. Insert the built-in temp probe into the thickest part of the pork butt. Ensure the probe is not touching the shoulder bone in the pork butt.
- Place a foil tray filled with water next to the pork butt to maintain moisture in the cooking chamber.
- After 2.5 hours start lightly misting the pork butt with diluted orange juice every half hour. The diluted orange juice should be one part water and one part orange juice.
- Once a dark bark has formed on the pork butt (~5 hrs in) give the pork butt a final misting of diluted orange juice. Remove the pork butt from the grill and wrap it tightly in aluminum foil. Return the wrapped pork butt to the grill.
- Remove the pork butt from the grill once an internal temperature of 198F is reached. Pull back the foil enough to allow you to remove the shoulder bone from the pork butt. Cover the pork butt back up and let rest for 45 minutes.
- Remove the pork butt from the foil and shred the pork butt.
- (Optional) Add your favorite BBQ sauce to the pulled pork and mix until even