Makes 10 servings
2 garlic cloves
1 small onion, halved
1 medium red bell pepper,quartered, cored and seeded
1 small to medium russet potato (4 to 6 ounces), peeled and halved, reserved in cold water
1 ounce parmesan cheese
3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
½ teaspoon kosher salt, divided
¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
12 large eggs, beaten
Nutritional information per serving:
(based on 10 servings)
Calories 127 (56% from fat) • carb. 5g
• pro. 9g • fat 8g • sat. fat 3g • chol. 225mg • sod. 248mg • calc. 73mg
• fiber 1g
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Insert the chopping blade into the work bowl of the food processor. With the unit running on High, drop the garlic through the feed tube and process to finely chop.
- Keeping the garlic in the bowl, remove the chopping blade and insert the medium slicing disc. Slice the onion and pepper on High. Remove vegetables and reserve. Slice the potato on High; remove and reserve in cold water.
- Remove the slicing disc, and insert the fine shredding disc. Shred the Parmesan on High; reserve.
- Place a 10-inch oven-safe nonstick skillet* over medium heat. Add 2 teaspoons of the olive oil and swirl the pan to coat the surface evenly. Once oil is hot, add the garlic, onion and pepper, with a pinch each of the salt and pepper; sauté until softened, about 6 to 8 minutes. Remove and reserve.
- Add the remaining teaspoon of oil to the pan. Remove the potatoes from the water and dry well on a towel. Add to the pan with 2 pinches each of the salt and pepper. Sauté until tender and edges are browned, about 6 minutes.
- Once potatoes have browned, add the onion/pepper mixture back to the pan, stir to combine, then top with the eggs, remaining salt and pepper and shredded Parmesan. Leave skillet on the heat so that the bottom and sides of the frittata begin to set, about 6 minutes. Place skillet into oven and bake until the top of the frittata is golden and puffed, about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Carefully remove skillet from oven and invert onto a cutting board. Cut the frittata and serve immediately.
*If not using a nonstick pan, coat the pan with a nonstick cooking spray before adding the eggs. Once the vegetables are sautéed, stir them into beaten eggs and add to the coated pan.