Makes 4 servings (about 2 cups)
- 2 small golden beets, scrubbed
- 2 small red beets, scrubbed
- 1½ tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- Pinch freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon crumbled goat cheese
- 2 large basil leaves, thinly sliced (chiffonade)
Nutritional information per serving (½ cup):
Calories 82 (64% from fat) • carb. 6g • pro. 2g • fat 6g sat. fat 1g • chol. 2mg • sod. 203mg • calc. 15mg • fiber 2g
- Assemble the Cuisinart ® PrepExpress™ with the 3.0mm Shred/Spaghetti Cone and Straight Feed Tube. Spiralize the beets. Transfer to a shallow serving bowl.
- Add the olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Toss to combine. Top with the goat cheese and basil. Serve immediately.