Makes about 2 cups
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1 can (15.5 ounces) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup tahini
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt, or to taste
- Pinch ground cumin
- ½ cup water (plus more if needed)
Nutritional information per serving (2 tablespoons):
Calories 71 (47% from fat) • carb. 7g • sugars 0g • pro. 3g • fat 4g • sat. fat 1g
- chol. 0mg • sod. 119mg • calc. 45mg • fiber 2g
- Put the garlic clove into the chopping cup and process on Speed 5 for 10 to 15 seconds; scrape bowl. Add the remaining ingredients and process until fully smooth, about 40 to 60 seconds.
- Taste and adjust seasoning as desired. If a thinner consistency is desired, add additional water, or olive oil for a richer tasting hummus.