2-1/2 to 3 cups
- ¼ cup fresh Italian parsley leaves
- 1¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 2 cans (15.5oz each) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil, plus 1 tablespoon for serving
- 2 tablespoon tahini
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¹∕8 teaspoon paprika, optional
- pinch za'atar, optional
Nutritional information per serving (1 tablespoon): Calories 43 (41% from fat) • carb. 5g • pro. 1g • fat 2g • sat. fat 0g • chol. 0mg • sod. 138mg • calc. 11mg • fiber 1g
1.Put the parsley, salt, lemon zest and garlic into the large work bowl fitted with the large chopping blade. Pulse to roughly chop, about 5 to 6 times. Scrape down the sides of the bowl. Add remaining ingredients and process on High until smooth, about 5 minutes.
2.Taste and adjust seasoning as desired. Serve, drizzled with the extra tablespoon of olive oil and sprinkled with paprika and za'atar, if using.