Makes about 5 cups (ten ½-cup servings)
- 2 cups heavy cream
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- pinch sea or kosher salt
- 2 cups whole milk vanilla yogurt
- 1½ teaspoons pure almond extract
- ½ cup sliced almonds
Nutritional information per serving (based on ½ cup):
Calories 282 (65% from fat) • carb. 22g • pro. 3g • fat 20g • sat. fat 14g
• chol. 71mg • sod. 56mg • calc. 78mg • fiber 1g
- In a small to medium saucepan, combine the cream, honey, sugar and salt. Bring to a slight simmer, whisking occasionally to combine ingredients. Cool to room temperature.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk the yogurt and almond extract together until combined. Slowly whisk in the cooled cream/honey mixture and continue to whisk until combined. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours, or overnight. Whisk mixture again before pouring into the ice cream maker.
- Pour the mixture into the mixing bowl of the Cuisinart® Ice Cream and Gelato Maker fitted with the ice cream paddle. Turn unit on, set Timer and press Start. Let mix until thickened, about 40 minutes. About 5 minutes before the mixture is done churning, add the sliced almonds through the mix-in opening. Allow to mix thoroughly. The frozen yogurt will have a soft, creamy texture. If a firmer consistency is desired, transfer to an airtight container and place in freezer for about 2 hours. Remove from freezer about 15 minutes before serving.