Makes about ¾ cup
- ½ cup unsalted butter, cut into tablespoons
- 1½ tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 4 large egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon water
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- Pinch ground mustard
- Pinch freshly ground black pepper
1. Insert the Stirring Paddle. Add ½ cup of butter, cut into tablespoons, into the work bowl. Secure the Cooking Lid with Steam Cap in place.
2. The cooking time is set for 3 minutes at 160°F on Speed 2 to melt.
3. Transfer melted butter to a liquid measuring cup.
4. Replace Stirring Paddle with the Whisk. Add 4 large egg yolks, 1½ tablespoons lemon juice, 1 tablespoon water, ¼ teaspoon salt and a pinch each of ground mustard and pepper.
5. Secure the Cooking Lid. The processor is set for 2 minutes on Speed 6 to froth.
6. When mixture has slightly thickened, the cooking time is set for 4 minutes at 160°F on speed 10.
7. An additional 2 minutes is set at 160°F on speed 6. Once started, slowly add melted butter, drop by drop initially, to ensure a good emulsion.
8. Sauce should be thick. Taste and adjust seasoning according to preference.
9. If sauce seems too thick, add warm water 1 tablespoon at a time with the processor running on Speed 6, until desired consistency is reached.
Nutritional information per serving (2 tablespoons): Calories 176 (97% from fat) • carb. 2g • pro. 2g • fat 18g • sat. fat 11g • Col. 181mg • sod. 54mg • calc. 28mg • fiber 0g
Vegetarian • Gluten Free