- 1⁄4 cup basil, leaves, packed
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro, leaves, packed
- 2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 lemon zest
- 1 Tbsp ginger root, finely chopped or grated
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil (or canola oil)
- 1 medium garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground (or to taste)
- 1 cup shredded carrot, finely grated
- 2 sprays cooking spray
- 1 lb. uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast(s), four 4 oz pieces
- 4 large hamburger buns
- 1 medium cucumber, thinly sliced
No nutrition information available
- In a mini chopper or food processor, combine basil, cilantro, lime juice, lemon zest, ginger, oil, garlic, salt and pepper; pulse until smooth. Spoon sauce in a small bowl and add carrots; toss to combine and set aside.
- Coat a grill or grill pan with cooking spray; preheat to medium-high.
- Pound chicken until ¼-inch thick. Place chicken on grill and cook until browned and cooked through, flipping once, about 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Place 1 piece of chicken on bottom half of a roll; top with ¼ cup carrot mixture, ¼ of cucumber slices and a bun top. Repeat with remaining ingredients and serve.
- Serving: 4 sandwiches