Makes about 1 cup
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 green onion/scallion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 anchovy fillets
- 2 tablespoons fresh tarragon (leaves from about 4 sprigs)
- 10 medium fresh basil leaves
- ¼ cup fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 avocado, each half cut into 4 pieces
- ¼ cup plain yogurt or sour cream
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Pinch sea or kosher salt
- Pinch freshly ground black pepper
- ¾ cup water, divided
Nutritional information per serving (2 tablespoons): Calories 54 (76% from fat) • carb. 2g • pro. 1g • fat 5g • sat. fat 1g • Col. 2g • sod. 56g • calc.24 mg. • fiber 1g
Vegetarian • Gluten Free
- Insert Metal Chopping Blade. Add 1 garlic clove and a green onion cut into 1-inch pieces with 2 anchovy fillets to the work bowl. Secure the Cooking Lid.
- The processor is set to chop for 10 seconds on Speed 12.
- Scrape the bowl and add 2 tablespoons fresh tarragon, 10 basil leaves and ¼ cup fresh parsley. Secure the Cooking Lid and pulse to evenly chop, about 10 pulses.
- Scrape the bowl and add 1 tablespoon lemon juice, the cut-up flesh of 1 avocado, ¼ cup plain yogurt or sour cream, 1 tablespoon olive oil and pinch each of salt and pepper.
- The processor is set to blend for 45 seconds on Speed 6. When processing, add water, 1 tablespoon at a time, until desired consistency is reached.
- Taste and adjust seasoning according to preference.