Enough seasoning for 20 wings. Makes about ²⁄ ³ cup sauce.
- 1 TEASPOON KOSHER SALT
- 1 teaspoon five-spice powder
- ¼ cup fish sauce
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- ½ Thai chile, thinly sliced (or ½ jalapeño, seeded and thinly sliced)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon chopped mint
- 1 tablespoon shredded carrots
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onions
Nutritional information per serving (1 teaspoon sauce): Calories 39 (78% from fat) • carb. 2g • pro. 0g • fat 3g • sat. fat 0g chol. 0mg • sod. 68mg • calc. 4mg • fiber 0g
- Sprinkle the salt and five-spice powder over the chicken wings (either beer-battered or plain). Cook as instructed in preceding recipe.
- While wings are cooking, prepare the dipping sauce. Put the fish sauce, sugar, garlic and chile in a small saucepan set over medium-low heat. Cook until sugar has dissolved. Remove to cool to room temperature. Once cool, add the remaining ingredients and stir to combine. Transfer to a serving bowl and serve alongside the hot wings.