- 1 ¼ pounds fish fillet (snapper or similar type fish), approximately 1-inch thick
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- ¼ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ jalapeño, halved, seeded and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1¼ teaspoons kosher salt
- pinch ground black pepper
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 8 6-inch corn tortillas
- ½ avocado, sliced
- ¼ teaspoon hot sauce
- lime wedges, for serving
Nutritional information per serving: Calories 193 (32% from fat) • carb. 17g • pro. 16g • fat 7g • sat. fat 1g • chol. 26mg • sod. 185mg • calc. 34mg • fiber 2g
Combine all fish ingredients in a shallow glass baking dish, turning fish once or twice to fully coat.
Cover and marinate for about 30 minutes.
In A medium bowl, toss shredded cabbage, oil, salt, pepper, lime juice and chopped cilantro. Refrigerate.
Preheat the griddle to medium heat.
Remove fish from marinade and cook on preheated griddle 2 to 4 minutes on each side, depending on the thickness of the fish.
Rest fish and wipe griddle with oil.
Turn griddle to low temperature
Place tortillas on the griddle to warm.
Remove when warmed through and evenly divide the grilled fish among the tacos, topping them with the cabbage slaw, and then the avocado.
Top with a little hot sauce and a squeeze of lime.