Makes about 7 cups
- 1 medium onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 leek (about 6 inches of white part), cleaned well and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 1 pound Yukon Gold or russet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 pound parsnips, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 pound turnips, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 cups chicken broth, low sodium, divided
- 1 to 2 teaspoons kosher salt, divided, to taste
- ¼ teaspoon white pepper
- 1½ teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- ½ to 1 cup heavy or light cream, optional
- Chopped fresh chives or parsley for garnish
Nutritional information per serving (1 cup, with heavy cream): Calories 144 (13% from fat) • carb. 29g • pro. 5g • fat 2g • sat. fat 1g • Col. 5mg • sod. 228mg • calc. 52mg • fiber 7g
Nutritional information per serving (1 cup, without heavy cream): Calories 140 (11% from fat) • carb. 29g • pro. 5g • fat 2g • sat. fat 1g • Col. 4mg • sod. 228mg • calc. 52mg • fiber 7g
Vegetarian • Gluten Free
- Insert the Metal Chopping Blade. Add the onion and leek, each cut into 1-inch pieces, and a garlic clove into the work bowl.
- Secure the Cooking Lid. The processor is set to chop for 8 seconds on Speed 12.
- Scrape the sides of the work bowl and add the tablespoon of butter. Secure the Cooking Lid with Steam Cap removed. The cooking time is set to 8 minutes at 250°F on Speed 2.
- Add 2 tablespoons of white wine. The cooking time is set for an additional 5 minutes on Speed 2.
- Add the pound potatoes, parsnips, turnips, each peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces with 2 cups of chicken broth and 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Secure Cooking Lid with Steam Cap in place. The cooking time is set for 10 minutes at 285°F with no speed.
- The cooking time is now set for 30 minutes at 205°F.
- Vegetables should all be soft. The processor is set to purée for 1 minute on Speed 10 until smooth. If using cream, add while machine is processing.
- With the processor running on Speed 6, add remaining cup of chicken broth for desired consistency.
- Add teaspoon lemon juice, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Taste and adjust seasoning, according to preference. Garnish with chopped chives or parsley to serve.