Makes about 4 cups
- 1 medium to large leek, white and light green parts only, washed well and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 pounds asparagus (about 2 small bunch), rough ends trimmed and cut into ½-inch pieces
- 1 small potato (4 ounces)
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 2 tablespoons cognac or dry white wine
- 2 cups vegetable or chicken broth, low sodium, divided
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon fresh lemon juice
Nutritional information per serving (1 cup): Calories 111 (36% from fat) • carb. 14g • pro. 5g • fat 5g • sat. fat 3g • Col. 12mg • sod. 359mg • calc. 14mg • fiber 5g
Vegetarian • Gluten Free
- Insert Metal Chopping Blade. Add one leek (white and light green parts only), cut into 1-inch pieces and one garlic clove to the work bowl.
- Secure the Cooking Lid with Steam Cap in place. The food processor is set to chop for 15 seconds on Speed 12.
- Scrape the sides of the bowl and add 2 tablespoons butter. Secure the Cooking Lid with Steam Cap removed. The cooking time is set for 8 minutes at 250°F on Speed 2.
- Add 2 pounds asparagus, trimmed and 1 small (4-ounce) peeled potato, both cut into 1-inch pieces with ¼ teaspoon salt.
- Secure the Cooking Lid. The cooking time is set for 5 minutes at 250°F on Speed 1.
- Scrape the bowl. Add 2 tablespoons of cognac or white wine. An additional 3 minutes of cooking time is set.
- Stir in 1 cup broth (chicken or vegetable) with ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Secure Cooking Lid with Steam Cap in place.
- The cooking time is set for 10 minutes at 285°F with no speed.
- An additional 25 minutes of cooking time is set at 210°F with no speed.
- Vegetables should be soft. Add more cooking time if necessary.
- The processor is set to blend for 1 minute on Speed 12.
- Stir in ½ teaspoon lemon juice. With processor running on Speed 8, add 1 cup of chicken broth until desired consistency.
- Taste and adjust seasoning according to preference. Serve with chopped, fresh herbs.