Makes about 10 cups
- 1 small head green cabbage (about 1 pound, 6 cups)
- 1 small head red cabbage (about 1 pound, 6 cups)
- 1 pound carrots (3 cups)
- 1 fennel bulb
- 1½ teaspoons kosher salt
- ½ cup fresh parsley
- 1½ cup mayonnaise
- 1½ tablespoons white vinegar
- 1½ teaspoons celery seed
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ¾ teaspoon granulated sugar
Nutritional information per serving (1 cup):
Calories 153 (77% from fat) • carb. 8g • pro. 1g • fat 13g • sat. fat 2g • Col. 12mg • sod. 286mg • calc. 45mg • fiber 3g
Vegetarian • Gluten Free
- Insert the Slicing Disc Assembly adjusted to 4mm. Secure the Food Processor Lid.
- Slice a small head each green and red cabbage (about 1 pound each) on Speed 12.
- Remove and reserve in a large bowl. Replace the Slicing Disc with the Shredding Disc adjusted to coarse shred.
- Shred the pound of carrots and fennel bulb on Speed 12.
- Remove and reserve with the cabbage. Toss vegetables together with 1½ teaspoons salt and let sit for about an hour.
- Replace the Shredding Disc Assembly with the Metal Chopping Blade and add ½ cup fresh parsley to the work bowl.
- Pulse to evenly chop.
- Add 1½ cups mayonnaise, 1½ tablespoons white vinegar, 1½ teaspoons celery seed, 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper and ¾ teaspoon sugar. Secure the Food Processor Lid.
- The processor is set to blend for 20 seconds on Speed 10.
- Squeeze out any moisture from the vegetables and drain.
- Toss with the mayonnaise dressing. Taste and adjust seasoning according to preference.