Makes about 10-11 cups
- 8 oz Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled
- 8 oz sweet potatoes, peeled
- 1 small onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 6 oz smoked chicken chorizo, cut in half lengthwise and then cut into ¼ -inch slices
- 1 small bunch kale, rough stems removed and roughly chopped
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) garbanzo beans, drained
- 1 teaspoon sea or kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 6 cups chicken broth, low sodium
Nutritional information per serving (1 cup): Calories 143 (35% from fat) • carb. 20g • pro. 6g • fat 6g • sat. fat 3g • Col. 24mg • sod. 301mg • calc. 45mg • fiber 4g
- Insert the Dicing Assembly. Secure the Food Processor Lid. Dice the white and sweet potatoes on Speed 12.
- Remove and reserve together, covered with cold water to prevent oxidation.
- Insert the Metal Chopping Blade and add a small onion, cut into 1-inch pieces, into the work bowl. Secure the Cooking Lid.
- The processor is set to chop for 8 seconds on Speed 12.
- Replace the Metal Chopping Blade with the Stirring Paddle. Add teaspoon olive oil and bunch of kale with stems removed and roughly chopped. Secure the Cooking Lid.
- The cooking time is set for 5 minutes at 275°F on Speed 2.
- Add the 3 crushed garlic cloves and chicken chorizo, halved lengthwise with each half cut into ¼-inch slices. The cooking time is set for an additional 8 minutes.
- Remove Stirring Paddle. Add the drained, reserved potatoes, drained can of garbanzo beans, 6 cups chicken broth, 1 teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Secure Cooking Lid with the Steam Cap in place. The cooking time is set to 20 minutes at 285°F on Speed 2.
- The remaining cooking time is set to 30 minutes at 205°F with no speed.
- Taste and adjust seasoning according to preference.