2 to 4
1 pound chicken wings, tips removed drumettes and flats separated 1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided 1 tablespoon vegetable oil 2 tablespoons unsalted butter ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper ¼ cup hot sauce (such as Frank's Red Hot)
Nutritional information per wing:
Calories 65 (57% from fat) • carb. 0g • pro. 6g • fat 4g • sat. fat 2g
• chol. 22mg • sod. 295mg • calc. 4mg • fiber 0g
- Preheat the Compact Toaster Oven Broiler set to Bake at 425°F with rack in position A. Line the baking tray with aluminum foil.
- In a bowl, toss the wings with ¾ teaspoon of the salt, ¼ teaspoon of the pepper, and the vegetable oil. Arrange the wings in a single layer on the prepared pan and bake for 25 minutes.
- When finished baking, remove the pan and carefully adjust the rack to position C. Switch to Broil and return wings for another 2 to 3 minutes to crisp the skin.
- While the wings are broiling, melt the butter in a small saucepan over low heat. Whisk in the remaining salt and pepper, cayenne and hot sauce. Keep warm.
- Put wings in a medium-size bowl, cover with sauce and toss well to coat. Serve immediately.