Makes 6 muffins
- 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon unbleached, all-purpose flour, divided
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- Pinch ground cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons (½ stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ¼ cup whole milk
- 1 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen
- Softened butter or nonstick cooking spray
Nutritional Information per muffin: Calories 269 (41% from fat) • carb. 17g • pro. 15g • fat 10g • sat. fat 2g • chol. 90mg sod. 500mg • calc 19mg • fiber 1g
- Put 1 cup of the flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon into a mixing bowl. Whisk to combine; reserve.
- Put the butter and sugar into a large mixing bowl. Using a hand mixer, mix the two together until light and creamy. Gradually add the egg and vanilla extract; mix on low to fully combine.
- Alternating between the two, add the dry ingredients and the milk in a few additions, starting and ending with the dry ingredients. Gently mix to just combine.
- Toss the blueberries with the tablespoon of flour and then add to the batter. Gently fold to combine.
- Fit the oven with the rack in Position 1.Lightly coat a 6-cup muffin tin with the butter or cooking spray. Scoop the batter into the tin – they may be very full. This is OK.
- Set to Bake at 325°F for 20 minutes. After 5 minutes, place muffins in preheated oven. Muffins are finished when lightly golden and spring back to touch. Serve immediately, or store, covered, at room temperature for up to 3 days.