Makes 12 servings
Nonstick cooking spray Crust: 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened and room temperature ¼ cup packed light brown sugar 2 tablespoons granulated sugar 1¼ cups unbleached, all-purpose flour ¼ teaspoon kosher salt Pinch ground cinnamon Filling: ¼ cup granulated sugar ¼ cup packed light brown sugar 2 tablespoons tapioca starch ¼ teaspoon kosher salt Pinch ground cinnamon Pinch ground ginger ¼ teaspoon pure vanilla extract 4 cups fresh blueberries Topping: ¾ cup unbleached, all-purpose flour ½ cup rolled oats (not quick cooking) ½ cup packed light brown sugar ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon ¼ teaspoon kosher salt 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, cold and cubed
Nutritional information per bar: Calories 282 (41% from fat) • carb. 39g • pro. 3g • fat 13g • sat. fat 8g • chol. 35g sod. 143mg • calc. 4mg • fiber 2g
- Lightly coat a 9-inch square baking pan with nonstick cooking spray and line with parchment paper; reserve.
- Put the butter and sugars into the work bowl of a Cuisinart® food processor fitted with the chopping blade. Process until creamy, stopping to scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed. Add the remaining crust ingredients and pulse until combined.
- Transfer the crust mixture into the prepared pan and press down firmly to pack into the bottom of the pan. Chill in refrigerator until firm.
- While the crust is chilling, prepare the filling. Put the sugars, starch, salt, and spices in a small mixing bowl; whisk to combine. Add the vanilla and blueberries and stir until blueberries are well coated. Using a large fork, or a potato masher, mash the blueberries until about half have burst open; reserve.
- Put all of the topping ingredients, except for the butter, in a medium mixing bowl. Whisk to combine. Add the butter and, using your fingers, combine until large crumbs form. (Alternatively, this topping can be made using a Cuisinart® Food Processor fitted with the chopping blade. Put all dry ingredients in the work bowl fitted with the chopping blade. Pulse to combine. Add the butter and pulse until large clumps have formed.)
- Once the crust has sufficiently chilled, preheat the Cuisinart® AirFryer Oven by selecting Bake with the temperature set to 350°F for 8 minutes with the rack in Position 1 . When the oven is preheated, bake until crust is firm and golden at the edges. Remove and spread filling on top of the baked crust and return to the oven for an additional 15 minutes, or until bubbling at the edges. Cover evenly with the crumb topping and return to the oven for a final 15 minutes. The bars are done when the topping is evenly browned.
- Remove from the AirFryer and allow to cool completely prior to cutting and serving.