Makes 6 servings
Filling: ¼ cup granulated sugar ¼ cup packed light brown sugar 1 tablespoon tapioca starch ¼ teaspoon kosher salt Pinch ground cinnamon Pinch ground ginger ¼ teaspoon pure vanilla extract 4 cups fresh blueberries
Topping: ¾ cup unbleached, all-purpose flour ½ cup rolled oats (not quick cooking) ½ cup packed light brown sugar ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon ¼ teaspoon kosher salt 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, cold and cubed
Nutritional information per serving: Calories 357 (29% from fat) • carb. 63g • pro. 3g • fat 12g sat. fat 7g • chol. 30mg • sod. 191mg • calc. 7mg • fiber 3g
- Put the sugars, starch, salt, and spices in a small mixing bowl; whisk to combine. Add the vanilla extract and blueberries and stir until blueberries are well coated. Using a large fork, or a potato masher, mash the blueberries until about half have burst open; reserve.
- Put all of the topping ingredients, except for the butter, in a medium mixing bowl. Whisk to combine. Add the butter and, using your fingers, combine until large crumbs form. (Alternatively, this topping can be made using a Cuisinart® Food Processor fitted with the chopping blade. Put all dry ingredients in the work bowl fitted with the chopping blade. Pulse to combine. Add the butter and pulse until large clumps have formed.)
- Transfer the berry mixture to an 8-inch round pan. Sprinkle the crumble topping over the berries.
- Transfer the pan to the Baking/Drip Pan and place in the lower position.
- Set temperature to 300°F and AirFry for 15 minutes. Crumble is done when the filling is bubbling and the topping is evenly browned.
- Remove and allow to cool slightly prior to serving.