Makes about 5 cups
- 10 ounces sharp Cheddar (or cheese of your choice)
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 5 tablespoons unbleached, all-purpose flour
- 4 cups whole milk
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
1. Insert the Shredding Disc Assembly adjusted to coarse shred. Secure the Food Processor Lid.
2. Shred 10 ounces of sharp Cheddar (or desired cheese) on Speed 12.
3. Remove and reserve the cheese. Clean out the work bowl.
4. Insert Stirring Paddle. Add 6 tablespoons butter. Secure the Cooking Lid with the Steam Cap removed.
5. The cooking time is set for 3 minutes at 165°F on Speed 1.
6. Once butter has melted, add 5 tablespoons flour. The cooking time is set to 10 minutes at 200°F on Speed 3.
7. The cooking time is now set for 40 minutes at 205°F on speed 4. When started, gradually add 4 cups milk.
8. Mixture should be thickened enough to coat the back of a spoon.
9. Add the reserved cheese and ¼ teaspoon salt. Cooking time is set for 5 minutes at 180°F on Speed 2.
10. Taste and adjust seasoning according to preference.
Nutritional information per serving (¼ cup): Calories 122 (69% from fat) • carb. 4g • pro. 5g • fat 10g • sat. fat 6g • Col. 29mg • sod. 134mg • calc. 652mg • fiber 0g