Makes six to eight servings
- 5 ounces broccoli florets
- 6 ounces cooked Italian chicken sausage, cut into ½-inch rounds
- ½ red bell pepper, sliced
- ½ medium onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon kosher or sea salt, divided
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- ½ pound dried rigatoni pasta, cooked according to manufacturer’s instructions
- ¾ cup ricotta
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan
- 4 to 6 basil leaves, roughly torn
- nonstick cooking spray
1.Preheat the toaster oven to 400°F on the Bake setting with the rack in position A. Line the baking tray with aluminum foil.
2.Put the broccoli, sausage, pepper, onion and garlic on the prepared baking pan. Toss with the oil and a pinch each of the salt and pepper. Roast in preheated oven for about 15 minutes, or until sausage and vegetables have browned. Reduce temperature to 350°F.
3.In a large mixing bowl, toss the roasted sausage and vegetables, and the remaining ingredients, until well combined.
4.Lightly coat a two-quart baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Add the pasta mixture. Cover with aluminum foil and bake in the preheated oven for about 30 to 40 minutes, or until cheeses are hot and bubbling. If a browned top is desired, uncover for the last 5 to 10 minutes.
Nutritional information per serving (based on 8 servings):
Calories 260 (53% from fat) • carb. 14g • pro. 17g • fat 16g
sat. fat 7g • chol. 40mg • sod. 383mg • calc. 341mg • fiber 1g