Makes 5 cups
- 2½ pounds Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- ½ cup whole milk, room temperature
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into 1-inch pieces, room temperature
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup mascarpone cheese or crème fraîche, room temperature
Nutritional information per serving (½ cup): Calories 125 (34% from fat)
• carb. 19g • pro. 2g • fat 5g• sat. fat 3g
• Col. 13mg • sod. 167mg • calc. 28mg • fiber 3g
Vegetarian • Gluten Free
1. Put 2 cups of water into the work bowl. Put 2½ pounds of peeled potatoes, cut into 1-inch pieces into the Steam Basket. Place in the work bowl. Secure the Cooking Lid with Steam Cap in place.
2. The cooking time is set for 30 minutes at 285°F with no speed.
3. Remove Steam Basket and confirm potatoes are tender to mash. Remove the water and wipe the work bowl dry.
4. Insert the Stirring Paddle to the work bowl with the steamed potatoes. Secure the Cooking Lid. The processor is set to mash for 20 seconds on Speed 6.
5. Add ½ cup milk, 3 tablespoons butter, ½ teaspoon kosher salt, ½ teaspoon pepper and ½ cup mascarpone or crème fraîche.
6. Processor is set to mix ingredients together for 20 seconds on Speed 6.
7. Taste and adjust seasoning, according to preference.