- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 8 ounces fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut in ½-inch pieces, tips reserved
- 2 green onions, trimmed, cut in ⅛-inch pieces
- 4 ounces prosciutto, thinly sliced, cut in ¼-inch slivers
- 8 ounces capellini, or other very thin pasta, cooked according to package instructions, drained and cooled
- 18 large eggs, beaten
- 8 ounces lowfat mozzarella, cut in ¼-inch dice
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon *Tabasco®
- 1 can (14 ounce) diced tomatoes, drained
- ¼ cup finely chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- *Tabasco® is a registered trademark owned by the McIlhenny Co
Preheat Cuisinart™ Electric Skillet to 400°; add ½ cup water with ¼ teaspoon salt and bring to a boil. Add asparagus tips, cover and steam until crisp tender, about 1½ minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon and reserve for garnish. Add remaining asparagus, cover and steam for 1 minute. Add green onions, steam 1 minute and transfer to a medium size bowl. Add prosciutto to the Skillet; stir until frizzled and slightly browned, and all water has evaporated. Remove and reserve. Turn off heat.
Combine cooked pasta with eggs; stir in mozzarella and cooled prosciutto. Add basil, thyme, remaining ½ teaspoon kosher salt, and Tabasco®. Combine diced tomatoes and sun-dried tomatoes with the cooked asparagus pieces and green onions; reserve. Pour half of the egg/pasta mixture into Skillet; smooth with the back of a spoon. Make a layer of the tomatoes and asparagus, and cover with the remaining egg and pasta mixture. Sprinkle top with grated Parmesan cheese and garnish with the asparagus tips.
Set temperature to 200°F, cover, and cook until top looks solid and edges are slightly browned, about 60-70 minutes. Cut into 12 wedges and serve warm or at room temperature.
Nutritional information per serving: Calories 278 (48% from fat) • carb. 15g • pro. 20g • fat 14g • sat. fat 6g • chol. 354mg • sod. 548mg • calc. 246mg • fiber 1g