Makes about 12 cups
- 1 small head red cabbage, cut to fit wide feed tube
- 1 small head green cabbage, cut to fit wide feed tube
- 6 scallions
- 2 medium carrots
- 1 1-inch piece ginger, peeled
- ¼ cup soy sauce, low sodium
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 cup shelled edamame
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 1 tablespoon white sesame seeds
Nutritional information per serving (½ cup): Calories 85 (56% from fat) • Carb 7g • pro. 3g • fat 5g • sat. fat 0g • chol. 0mg • sod. 134mg • calc. 43mg • fiber 2g
Vegetarian • Gluten Free
- Insert Metal Chopping Blade. Add 1 cup slivered almonds. Secure Cooking Lid with Steam Cap removed. The cooking time is set to toast for 5 minutes at 200°F on Speed 4.
- Remove Metal Chopping Blade and reserve almonds. Insert the Slicing Disc Assembly adjusted to 4mm. Secure the Food Processor Lid.
- Slice the small heads of red and green cabbage, cut to fit the large feed tube, on Speed 12.
- Slice 6 scallions using the smallest feed tube, also on Speed 12.
- Replace the Slicing Disc with the Shredding Disc, adjusted to coarse shred.
- Shred 2 medium carrots on Speed 12. Remove vegetables and reserve.
- Replace the Shredding Disc Assembly with the Metal Chopping Blade and add a 1-inch peeled piece of ginger to the bowl. Secure the Food Processor Lid.
- The processor is set to chop for 10 seconds on Speed 12.
- Scrape down the work bowl and add ¼ cup soy sauce, 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar and 1 tablespoon sugar. Secure the Food Processor Lid.
- The processor is set to blend for 1 minute on Speed 12. With the motor running, slowly add ¼ cup vegetable oil and 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil through the small feed tube.
- When ready to serve, toss the reserved vegetables with cup each of shelled edamame and toasted slivered almonds and tablespoon white sesame seeds. Finally toss together with dressing.
- Taste and adjust seasoning according to preference.