Makes about 4 cups (for the MSC-600); Makes about 3 1/2 cups (for the MSC-400 model)
- 1 recipe smooth applesauce (see website for recipe - this is equal to 6 cups, for the MSC-600 model, or 4 cups for the MSC-400 model, of applesauce if you choose to purchase unsweetened applesauce instead of making your own)
- 1cup packed light brown sugar (reduce to ½ cup for the MSC-400 model)
- 1tablespoon ground cinnamon (reduce to 1½ teaspoon for the MSC-400 model)
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice (reduce to ½ teaspoon for the MSC-400 model)
- 1teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg (reduce to ½ teaspoon for the MSC-400 model)
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves (reduce to ¼ teaspoon for the MSC-400 model)
Nutritional information per serving (2 tablespoons):
Calories 54 (2% from fat) • carb. 14g • pro. 0g
- fat 0g • sat. fat 0g • chol. 0mg • sod. 5mg
- calc. 8mg • fiber 2g
- Put all ingredients into the cooking pot of the Multicooker.
- Select Slow Cook on High for 2 hours and cook uncovered. This time is an estimate – it can be anywhere from 1 to 4 hours. You want the apple butter to be nicely thickened until it is spreadable.
- Cool apple butter to room temperature and enjoy on toast, stirred into oatmeal, or on top of pancakes or waffles.