- 2 acorn squashes (3 lbs.)
- 2 carrots sliced
- 1 tablespoon. butter
- 1 med. onion, finely chopped
- Salt & pepper to taste
- ½ teaspoon. fresh thyme leaves , plus for garnish
- 14-½ oz. reduced-sodium chicken broth
- ½ cup half and half cream or 1% milk
No nutrition information available
- Place squashes on a paper towel and microwave on high just until tender when pierced with the tip of a paring knife, 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from microwave and halve each squash lengthwise. When cool enough to handle, scoop out and discard the seeds. Scrape out flesh into a bowl; discard skin. To prepare in oven, preheat oven to 450 degrees. Halve squash lengthwise; scoop out and discard seeds. Place squash, cut side down, on a rimmed baking sheet; cover tightly with foil. Roast until almost tender when pierced with a knife, 15 to 25 minutes. When cool enough to handle, scrape out flesh, discard skin.
- In a large saucepan, heat butter over medium. Add onion; season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, 3 to 5 minutes. Add squash, carrot, thyme, broth, and 2 cups water. Bring to a boil over high heat; reduce to medium, and cook until squash & carrot are very tender 15 - 20 min. With a Cuisinart Immerson blender or food processor, puree soup. Add half and half or milk heating through for 10 to 15 minutes. Serve with fresh thyme sprigs. Enjoy!