Makes about 7 cups
- 2 ounces Parmesan, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 medium garlic cloves, smashed with the back of a knife
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 cans (28-ounces each) crushed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 15 to 20 fresh basil leaves
Nutritional information per serving (½ cup): Calories 96 (47% from fat) • carb. 9g • pro. 3g • fat 5g • sat. fat 1g • Col. 3mg • sod. 336mg • calc. 63mg • fiber 3g
Vegetarian • Gluten Free
- Insert the Metal Chopping Blade. Add 2 ounces Parmesan, cut into 1-inch pieces, to the work bowl.
- Secure the Cooking Lid. The processor is set to grate for 40 seconds on Speed 12.
- Remove and reserve. Wipe out the work bowl. Insert Metal Chopping Blade and add 3 garlic cloves. Secure the Cooking Lid.
- The processor is set to chop for 8 seconds on Speed 12.
- Scrape the sides of the bowl and add ¼ cup olive oil. Remove Steam Cap from the Cooking Lid. The cooking time is for 5 minutes at 190°F on Speed 2.
- The garlic should be fragrant without any color.
- Add 2 cans crushed tomatoes to the work bowl. The cooking time is set for 15 minutes at 205°F on Speed 2.
- Add the reserved Parmesan, teaspoon salt and 15 torn basil leaves. The cooking time is set to 2 minutes on 160°F on Speed 2 to stir ingredients together.
- For best-tasting pasta, add cooked and drained pasta to the sauce when hot. Serve immediately.