Makes about 4 cups
- 1 small onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1½ pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo, plus 2 teaspoons of adobo sauce
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups chicken broth, low sodium, divided
Nutritional information per serving (1 cup): Calories 166 • carb. 33g • pro. 4g • fat 2g • sat. fat 0g • Col. 3mg • sod. 398mg • calc. 60mg • fiber 5g
Vegetarian • Gluten Free
- Insert Metal Chopping Blade. Add the small onion, cut into 1-inch pieces, and 2 garlic cloves to the work bowl. Secure the Cooking Lid.
- The processor is set to chop for 8 seconds on Speed 12.
- Scrape the sides of the bowl and add 1 teaspoon olive oil. The cooking time is set for 10 minutes at 285°F on Speed 2.
- Once the vegetables are soft and fragrant, add 1½ pounds sweet potato, cut into 1-inch pieces, with the chipotle pepper and 2 teaspoons adobo, ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon cinnamon.
- Secure the Cooking Lid with the Steam Cap in place. The cooking time is set for 4 minutes at 285°F on Speed 2.
- Add 1 cup of chicken broth. The cooking time is set for 5 minutes at 285°F on Speed 2.
- Once the soup is boiling, the cooking time is set for 20 minutes at 205°F with no speed.
- The processor is set to blend for 45 seconds on Speed 12.
- With the processor running on Speed 6, add 1 cup of chicken broth to reach desired consistency.
- Taste and adjust seasoning according to preference.