Makes about 12 two-inch-diameter pancakes
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- ½ cup reduced fat milk
- ¼ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup unbleached, all-purpose flour
- ½ tablespoon baking powder
- ½ tablespoon granulated sugar
- ¼ teaspoon table salt
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted and cooled to room temperature
1.Fit the Cuisinart® Oven Central® with baking pan if desired. Preheat to 350ºF with the top heater off.
2.Whisk the egg, milk and vanilla in a small bowl until smooth; reserve.
3.Combine flour, baking powder, sugar and salt in a medium bowl. Stir with a whisk to blend. Add the egg/milk mixture and stir until just blended. Stir in the melted, cooled butter. Do not over-mix or pancakes will be tough.
4.Once unit has preheated, fill a ¼ cup measuring cup halfway and pour batter evenly onto the hot pan. Repeat to have 4 pancakes. Cook pancakes until bubbles form, about 2 to 3 minutes; flip and cook until done, about 1 to 2 minutes longer.
5.As you finish each batch of pancakes, keep them warm by placing them on a baking sheet and in a traditional oven set to low (200ºF). Repeat until all the batter is used.
6.Transfer to warm plates to serve.
Nutritional information per serving (6 pancakes):
Calories: 200 (30% from fat) • carb. 28g • pro. 7g
- fat 7g • sat. fat 4g • chol. 20mg • sod. 441mg
- calc. 89mg • fiber 1g